College Within Reach – Parents & Guardians
The College Within Reach 4-H National Mentoring Program pairs adults with youth in military connected families to support them in learning about planning for what they decide to do beyond high school related to their education and careers.
If your middle or high school student would benefit from having a positive role model to support them as they plan for what they want to do after high school, apply now for them to work with one of our mentors.
See the Mentee page for details on how your student can apply.
Parent/Guardian Major Responsibilities
- Support your student in meeting with a mentor at least 4 hours each month
- Provide transportation to mentor meetings
- Communicate with mentor routinely
- Complete monthly activity and time reports
- Participate in regional meetings and events
- Commit to program for one full year
Training and Preparation:
- Participate in scheduled online training updates and programs during the year
- Participate in program kickoff event